PERSONAL DATA NOTICE
Pursuant to the requirement of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), we hereby issuing this notice to inform and explain on how Malacca Securities collects, uses, maintains and discloses your personal data in respect of commercial transactions. This personal data notice applies to any person whose personal data is processed by Malacca Securities.
“Malacca Securities”, “our”, “us”, or “we” in this notice refers to Malacca Securities Sdn Bhd, including its branches and its subsidiaries as well as related companies.
A) NATURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data processed by us may include your name, contact details, email address, job title and company name, age, gender, date of birth, national registration identity card number/passport number; race, religion, nationality, information of any past breaches of or convictions under any law and any other personal data provided by you required for the purposes set out below.
B) PURPOSE OF MALACCA SECURITIES COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Subject to the relevant laws, Malacca Securities may use your personal data for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- To enable it to discharge its duties and obligations under the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007, the Securities Commission Act 1993, the Securities Industry (Central Depositories Act) 1991, the rules of Bursa Malaysia Sdn Bhd or any other written law;
- To enable it to discharge its contractual obligations;
- To verify your financial standing through credit reference checks;
- To respond to your enquiries and complaints and to resolve disputes;
- To be used for internal record keeping;
- To provide ongoing information about our products and services to people that we believe may be interested in such event, programs, products and services;
- To provide services;
- To research, develop and improve our products and services;
- For employment opportunities in the event you have provided information for such purposes; and
- Such other purpose relevant to the products and services provided by Malacca Securities.
C) DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Subject to relevant laws, your personal data may be disclosed to:
- our subsidiaries, related and associated companies;
- the Bursa Malaysia, Securities Commission, Bank Negara Malaysia, the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission, Companies Commission of Malaysia, Registrar of Societies and other supervisory, governmental or relevant authority;
- Credit reference agencies when you apply for any of our credit-based products such as margin facilities, collateral account, etc.
- our co-organisers of events, business partners and service providers;
- our Unit Trust Management or Fund Management Companies;
- auditors, solicitors, professional firms or entities;
- Parties authorised by you; and
- any other person which Malacca Securities may think fit.
- Your personal data may be transferred or disclosed to a place outside of Malaysia, and by providing us your personal data you agree to such a transfer where it is required to provide you the services you have requested, and for the performance of any contractual obligations you have with Malacca Securities including for storage purposes.
The security of your personal data is our priority. We undertake, where practicable, to implement the appropriate policy and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to safeguards your personal data from unauthorized or unlawful used.
E) ACCESS AND CORRECTION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- You may access and request for correction of your personal data in which you have provided to Malacca Securities and in this respect, you may:-
- check if we hold or use your personal data and request access to your personal data;
- request for correction of any of your personal data which is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date;
- request Malacca Securities to limit the process of your personal data, including personal data limiting to the persons who may be identified from your personal data;
- inform Malacca Securities on your withdrawal (in full or in part) of your consent given previously to Malacca Securities subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected.
- Please be informed we may charge a small fee depending on the information requested. We may also take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request for access to your personal data.
- Please contact us using any the following modes if you have any enquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data:
Designated Contact Person Administration Manager Mailing address 1,3&5, Jalan PPM 9,
Plaza Pandan Malim Business Park,
Telephone No. (606) 337 1533 Fax No. (606) 337 1577 Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
F) FAILURE OF PROVIDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unless otherwise specified by us at the time the personal data is collected, it is obligatory that you supply us with the personal data requested for by us. If you revoke to supply to us the above personal data, we may not be able to carry out the Purpose for which you have provided us the personal data and in addition, you may be in breach of the requirements of the relevant rules.
By providing to us your personal data, you hereby consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with all of the above.
This Personal Data Notice is issued in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and Bahasa Malaysia version, the English version shall prevail.